Hello again Blogosphere…
I have been on this unintentional hiatus from blogging, but have decided to get back on track. Work and life have just consumed me the last couple months.
A quickie update on things I have been up to in the world of Eating Toward the Finish Line since my last update in late February:
- March 2-6: Rock n Roll New Orleans Half Marathon
- Countless new food discoveries
- Update on 2012 Races
Rock n Roll New Orleans Half Marathon
Long story short, I experienced some IT Band issues that started up right after the 5 mile marker. I tried to push through it for a mile, but at the 10k (6.2 miles) mark, I had to visit the medical tent. I ended getting taped up and then walked the remaining 7 or so miles.
Disappointed at my predicament, I walked away from the medical tent and saw a participant wearing a motivational t-shirt that said: DEAD LAST is greater than DID NOT FINISH which triumphs DID NOT START 13.1.
This race was the first half marathon for a handful of my friends and I must say I was very proud of their performances. I can’t wait to run with them again.
Here are some photos from the race and all the delicious food (mostly food)!
Post Race Expo Meal at Cochon
Post Race Meal at Lüke
More Food Pics
Not that I need to share more food pics (and if you follow me on either twitter or foodspotting, you have definitely been privy to all these photos)… but the gorgefest that was February (aka Birthday Month) did not end after February or even after New Orleans.
Barbacco in San Francisco
COCO500 in San Francisco
Plum in Oakland
Gialina in San Francisco
Zero Zero (Brunch) in San Francisco
Flour + Water (Pasta Tasting Menu) in San Francisco
NOPA (Brunch) in San Francisco
Marlowe in San Francisco
Haven in Oakland
Additional Races Booked
In my Starting 2012 post from awhile back, I talked about the races I had signed up for at that time… well… here’s an update on the races that I have committed to since that post was written.
Officially finished… and upcoming races:
- Rock n Roll New Orleans Half Marathon – March 4, 2012 – Done and done… see above.
- 101st Bay to Breakers 12k – May 20, 2012 – Done and done… It was awesome. Post specifically for this race is forthcoming.
- Rock n Roll San Diego Half Marathon – June 4, 2012 – Registered!
- The Giant Race San Jose – June 16, 2012 – Registered! Inaugural event in San Jose. I am registered for the 5 mile race. Another option is 5k.
- Rock n Roll Chicago Half Marathon – July 22, 2012 – Registered! Travel is 75% booked! Expect more Top Chef Foodie Adventures!
- SF Marathon Progressive 5k – July 29, 2012 – Registered! I decided with all the other half marathons I chose to participate in that I would only run the Progressive Marathon 5k event. This means I will log 23.1 miles before race day and run 3.1 miles (5k) to finish off 26.2 miles.
- The Giant Race San Francisco – September 15, 2012 – Registered! I am running the 5k event here. I figure I would enjoy the quickie run between the bigger/longer half marathons.
- Rock n Roll San Jose Half Marathon – October 7, 2012 – Registered! Since I didn’t get into Nike, I am running SJ. This will make 4 Half Marathons for the year. It also means I am eligible for the Grand Slam Heavy Medal 🙂
Okay… so I thought this post would be a quickie post, but I have eaten A LOT in the last 3 months and committed to A LOT of races.